End of the Year Happenings

I have not posted for a bit, things have been quite slow in the Triassic recently and I've been busy with the holidays. I also just joined Facebook and am trying to figure out what it is all about, however, most of my recent effort has been going towards finishing up (and starting) a group of manuscripts that are either due or that I have been wanting to get to for a long time.

I'm working on a few year end posts, which I hope to have out soon, but in the meantime I've been engrossed in Scott Sampson's recent book "Dinosaur Odyssey" (a Christmas present). I don't normally read too many general dinosaur books, usually preferring paleontologist biographies, books on historic field work, or civil war histories, but Scott's book is highly interesting and informative and I'm having a hard time putting it down. I'm only a third of the way through, but would already highly recommend it as a good current read on dinosaur paleontology. I'm also deeply honored that Scott mentions our recent Triassic work, especially on early dinosaurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Markup Key:
- <b>bold</b> = bold
- <i>italic</i> = italic
- <a href="http://www.fieldofscience.com/">FoS</a> = FoS